Wednesday 5 November 2014

[ Keyboard ]




















Well, As you can see from the picture.
Yes, My Macbook Pro's "F1" key is broken.

It just popped up when i realized. and when i try to push it back to where it belong.
The plastic part is broken, and i can't put it back. :(



So the first thing i think its i should call the Mac support to help.
However there are no Apple Store in Taiwan, there are only retail shop that is "Authorized" by Apple.
Which is called "Studio A" and  "Data Express". ( they are the well-known retail in taiwan.)

I called Studio A in the morning to check if they can fix my keyborad for me.
Studio A told me that if i want to get fix, i need to replace the WHOLE keyboard.

FOR JUST ONE KEYBOARD CAP BROKEN!!

I was like "WTF?", you must been kidding me!
Think about the time need to take and replacement and the trips i need to go thought. Oh No.

Then studio A told me more, that This is NOT Including in my APPLE CARE.  
And They tell me to bring it to the shop for more detail.

So I did a bit of Google research on replacing a cap on a mac, and a few people say that "Data Express" replace their cap for free. Because only one cap its broken, Therefore I hope I can get something like that. :P

Soon, I called "Data Express" for other go with fixing my keyboard.
They told me that will be at least NTD$6000 for the keyboard, and charging more to replace it.

WHAT THE FUCK??? NTD$6000 for whole keyboard, when i only break one CAP???

Whats the point to pay more for apple care when i can't even use it?
I feel like apple care its useless now.

I told myself i need to find another way, I am not going to pay up to $6000 for that CAP.
I started to find keyboard on Yahoo/ Ruten (lts like a ebay for taiwan!)
And I find a seller that sell Cap for only $50.
Which including postage, which is awesome !!

So I ordered and I got it,
I replace the Cap easily by watching Tutorial clips on Youtube.
And at the end, It only costs me $50, I don't need to spend like $6000 on it.

Now, I feel hopeless with both of the shop, they don't even check my applecare, they just want people to pay that much to replace a cap? I don't think its right that way.
I had great service with apple and apple care in Australia. but i don't know that Applecare in Taiwan would be so USELESS.

I am not happy with them, But i hope Apple would come to taiwan and open a REAL APPLE STORE. :)
So we can get good service for what we pay for. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment